Every Friday we pass on a few articles, pictures, videos, infographics, etc. we enjoyed throughout the week in a “Best of the Week” post. Have a great weekend, all!
Study: Workplace Fatigue Common, Costly
From: EHS Today
This study analyzed the relationship between health and productivity. The results are not surprising – nearly 40% of American workers experience fatigue, costing billions in lost productivity.
Consistency Is Key!
From: Sean the Fit Guy
The key to hitting your health and fitness goals? Consistency! Sean offers a few tips to help you stay consistent.
- Set Goals
- Get a partner
- Empty those cabinets
- Make small changes to your diet
- Schedule your workouts
- Keep your workouts fresh
Breaking a Sugar Addiction
From: Pressing On
Bright Apple provider, Irene Greiner, lists six tactics to break a sugar addiction.
- Keep sugary products out of the house
- Eat three regular meals each day that combine complex carbohydrates (vegetables, whole grains, and fruits), lean protein (poultry, fish, meat, dairy, tofu) and healthy fats (omega-3’s, olive oil and other cold-pressed oils).
- Take a multivitamin and mineral supplement
- Get plenty of sleep, sunlight and exercise
- Learn to identify what is causing your cravings
- Be kind to yourself. To end the struggle with sugar, learn to nourish your body well and respond compassionately to your own feelings.