Every Friday we pass on a few articles, pictures, videos, infographics, etc. we enjoyed throughout the week in a “Best of the Week” post. Have a great weekend, all!
Are Corporate Wellness Programs Really Worth It?
From: Industrial Distribution
Rosie Ward, Health Management Services Manager for RJF Agencie’s, Inc, suggests many company’s wellness initiatives are “like a game of Whack-a-Mole — they implement a wellness incentive program to improve employee health, but meanwhile three other moles have popped up elsewhere in the forms of decreased morale, reduced productivity, and declined engagement.”
Ward offers suggestions for improvement:
- Shift from Health to Well-Being
- Shift from Participation to Engagement
- Motivate – What Really Motivates People?
- Shift from “Fixing” to “Supporting”
- CULTURE – A Different and Effective Approach to Employee Wellness
- Getting Started — the Right Way
Photo credit: b3d_