Wondering about the benefits of ergonomics? Here are 250 examples of costs and benefits of ergonomics in the workplace.
Examples of costs and benefits of ergonomics
The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries reviewed 250 ergonomics case studies to reveal the impact of ergonomics on business goals like cost savings, productivity and product quality.
What did they find?
The following link is a pdf file of a summary of the results:
The results were overwhelmingly positive and demonstrate the effectiveness of implementing ergonomics in your workplace. You can use these findings as a tool to generate interest and resources for your ergonomics process.
Get more ergonomics and MSD prevention tools and training
Register for a free Prevention Pro Academy account for immediate access to a library of ergonomics and MSD prevention tools and training, the latest Ergonomics Plus content, and discounts on future training courses.
- 5 Proven Benefits of Ergonomics in the Workplace
- The Value of Ergonomics — How Ergonomics Lowers Costs
- The Value of Ergonomics — How Ergonomics Improves Productivity
- The Value of Ergonomics — How Ergonomics Improves Product Quality
- How to Cost-justify Ergonomic Improvements