Want to write for us? Start here.
Guest Post Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in writing for the Ergonomics Plus blog! If your mission, like ours, is to help safety leaders implement and execute a best practice ergonomics and MSD prevention process, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’d like to blog for us, please take some time to read through our guidelines. It will give you an advantage over the people who don’t.
Why should you write for the Ergonomics Plus blog?
Blogging for Ergonomics Plus can help you build your reputation and further your career. Not only will you get exposure and credibility, you have the potential to connect with other industry leaders that keep an eye on the content we publish.
- Our website gets over 50,000 pageviews per month
- We have over 22,000 total email subscribers
- We have over 8,000 email subscribers for new content
- We have over 7,000 social media followers across our platforms
Who is the audience you’ll be writing for?
While we educate anyone interested in ergonomics and MSD prevention, our ideal readers are safety/HR managers at large and mid-sized manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
What topics is Ergonomics Plus looking for?
In general, we are looking for posts that fall into these categories:
- MSD prevention strategy
- Ergonomics program management
- Ergonomics training
- Ergonomic assessments
- Cost justification
- Workplace athlete wellness and self-care
- Pre-shift warm-up stretching
- Job rotation
- Body mechanics and work practices
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Work hardening/Return to work
- Office ergonomics
- Safety leadership
- Program evaluation and measurement
How do I submit a post?
Submit your full draft to Matt Middlesworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a Word document. You will get a confirmation receipt within one business day.
Your bio: Bio should be approximately 60 words and should include your Twitter handle, as well as any other relevant links you wish to display: your blog, LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, website URL, etc. This is a great place to include any promotional or gated links as we generally don’t allow them in the body copy.
Your headshot: We use a site called Gravatar to manage our author’s headshots. New contributors should create an account there and upload a headshot. Once this is done, we’ll need the email address that was used to register the account, so we can associate your headshot with the author profile we will use in your posts.
Supporting images, interactive content, or videos: Don’t worry about the cover image, we’ll take care of that. But here are tips on the other kinds of media you may want to include:
- Images (PNG, JPG): Provide any high res images you would like to include within your Word doc. When saving your images, please provide a descriptive name (e.g. content-marketing-personas-image1)
- Infographics, videos, and interactive content: Include the embed code for the infographic within your Word doc.
Got questions you don’t see answers to? Shoot us an email: email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help.