Learn NIOSH lifting equation best practices with this online ergonomics training course.
NIOSH Lifting Equation Course
The NIOSH Lifting Equation is a tool used by occupational health and safety professionals to assess the manual material handling risks associated with lifting and lowering tasks in the workplace. This equation considers job task variables to determine safe lifting practices and guidelines.
Attend this online ergonomics training course to learn exactly how to perform ergonomic assessments using the NIOSH Lifting Equation.
Course learning objectives
- Learn the outputs of the NIOSH Lifting Equation
- Understand the Uses of the Recommended Weight Limit (RWL) and Lifting Index (LI)
- Learn how to prepare for the assessment
- Understand what task variables need to be collected
- Learn how to collect each task variable
- Learn how to perform calculations to obtain NIOSH Lifting Equation outputs
- See the NIOSH Lifting Equation in action with four step-by-step examples
- Course video
- Companion guide
- Course PowerPoint slides
- Data collection worksheet
- NIOSH Lifting Equation Calculator
This course is hosted on the E+ Education training website, the online education platform we built to accelerate the skills and success of busy OHS professionals.