Learn WISHA Lifting Calculator best practices with this online ergonomics training course.
WISHA Lifting Calculator Course
Developed by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and based on NIOSH research related to the primary causes of back injuries, this lifting calculator can be used to perform ergonomic risk assessments on a wide variety of manual lifting and lowering tasks, and can be also used as a screening tool to identify lifting tasks which should be analyzed further using the more comprehensive NIOSH Lifting Equation.
Attend this online ergonomics training course to learn exactly how to perform ergonomic assessments using the WISHA Lifting Calculator.
Course learning objectives
- Learn how to prepare for the assessment
- Understand what task variables need to be collected
- Learn how to collect each task variable
- See the WISHA Lifting Calculator tool in action with several real-world examples
- Course video
- Companion guide
- Course PowerPoint slides
- Data collection worksheet
- WISHA Lifting Calculator
This course is hosted on Prevention Pro, the online education platform we built to accelerate the skills and success of busy OHS professionals.