Prevention Weekly is a newsletter from Ergonomics Plus highlighting the best resources we can find on MSD prevention and safety leadership. Sign up for a free Basic Membership to get it delivered to your inbox every week.
From Ergonomics Plus
Case Study: How Warm-up Stretching Helped a Large Distribution Facility Reduce Recordables by 80%
Reduce Pulling Force
Pushing allows you to use your body weight and larger muscles to move the load.
Manual Material Handling Resources
Manual material handling environments can be stressful on the bodies of workplace athletes. Help the workplace athletes at your distribution center stay safe, healthy, and productive with these helpful ergonomics and injury prevention resources.
Workplace Athlete Health
Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
Pre-employment testing and balance exercises could reduce the instance of slips, trips and falls.
Perception of Musculoskeletal Injury
The objective of this research was to gather information that will be used to create more effective education and outreach materials to promote early identification and prevention of WMSDs.
Advice from America’s Safest Companies
“Compliance officers will tell you that less than 10 percent of the injuries on the OSHA 300 log are the result of a missing OSHA program. I was thinking to myself, ‘What are we doing the other 90 percent of the time?’ We were our own worst enemy,” said John P. McGillivray, manager of safety and environmental for Scot Forge Inc.
The Benefits of Warm-up Stretching Programs
In this webinar you will learn the benefits and best practices of successful warm-up stretching programs.
Stretch Leader Training
It is vitally important for stretch leaders to know how to properly perform each stretch and to lead with confidence and enthusiasm.